We are working with your local fire brigade and the community to build resilience and capacity in bushfire prevention and preparedness.
We will be visiting your area soon to help you plan for bushfire season.
Want to know more about Bushfire-Ready Neighbourhoods?
Visit the Bushfire-Ready Neighbourhoods website to sign up for our Newsletter.
In this edition of Bushfire-Ready Tips we are looking at Getting Ready for Bushfire Season
Getting ready for bushfire
Getting ready for bushfire is about:
- knowing where to go to keep informed about bushfire weather and fire incidents near you
- managing vegetation around your property
- cleaning gutters and ember proofing
- preparing an emergency kit
- writing a plan, practicing it and thinking about what you are going to do when things don't quite go to plan
- and more...
Sounds like a lot to do? Let's start with some important basic information from the Bushfire Safety Guide.